Monday 2 November 2009

Arcs at either end

(Arc created in the left side view)

Similar to the way that I made the first arc in the previous post, I created another one using the line tool again. This arc, however, was slightly larger than the other one I created, mainly protruding at the top. I then converted this to an editable poly, selected 'polygon' within the editable poly options and used the extrude tool. I then scaled it to the correct size to fit in at the end of the model. I then used the clone tool to create an exact replica of this arc and positioned this clone at the opposite end of the model.



(Arcs at either end)

Now that the arcs are created at either end as shown above, the last step was to drag and drop the dark green material onto them that I created in Photoshop. I have encountered the same problem again where the edges are not very smooth around the arc. As mentioned previously, I shall address this issue later by testing some of the smooth options and other modifiers when the group comes together at the end to make final adjustments to textures and mapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment