Friday 25 September 2009

Drawing the topology lines


(Front and side view with topology lines showing the contours of my face)

My next task was to define the topology.
As you can see from the image above, I have defined this by using red and blue lines in Photoshop. First, I defined the key areas of the face, mainly any crevices in the skin or any areas where the skin protrudes, shown by the blue lines. I then joined these lines together by using a red colour, primarily with square shapes, to create a 'shell' of my face. The key to this is the diamond shape where the cheek protrudes most. This is just below the eye and breaks up the rest of the topology lines so that they can stem from this main diamond shape.
I found this section very time consuming as it was difficult to get smooth lines using Photoshop which required a very steady hand, and it was also very difficult to create lines that correctly resembled my facial structure.
Now that my topology lines are complete, I am ready to copy this image into 3D Studio Max ready for 3D image creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment