Friday 25 September 2009

Aligning the images

(Front and side view with ruler lines showing how the images aligned)

The first part of the process for creating my 3D head was to align both the front view profile and the side view profile of myself in Photoshop. To do this, I first took the photos, making sure that both the heads were taken at the same distance. I then altered the angle of the photo in all directions (up, down, left and right). I was also able to remove distortion and transform the vertical and horizontal properties of the images. Once this was satisfactory, I then used the ruler tool in Photoshop to make sure that everything was aligned correctly. As you can see from the image above, after all this manipulation, I then had an image which was aligned correctly to begin modelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment