Wednesday 2 December 2009

Environment

Using a background texture in 3DS max, I decided to use a night sky, as this seemed to look most realistic when Stuart's outhouse was added. I also created a plane underneath the outhouse ready for a ground material to be applied. The image below shows the sky environment with Stuarts outhouse model:

(Outhouse with sky)

Applying a snow texture to the plane was what I did next. I increased the bump map to 117 so that the snow had some contours. I then placed the steam pump into the outhouse ready for it to be filmed using cameras.

(Outhouse with snow and sky included)

Finally, I decided to add some lighting effects alongside Richard. We placed a spotlight onto the gauge where the first movie will start from. We also increased the intensity of the light within the outhouse so that the model could be seen clearly when animated. Some external lighting was also included so that the outhouse could be seen in greater detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment